Posted On: August 12, 2013
Media Organization: Scholastic Corporation
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and related services and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality books, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, magazines, multi-media and other products that help children learn both at school and at home. The Company distributes its products and services worldwide through a variety of channels, including school-based book clubs and book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, on-air, and online at www.scholastic.com.
Scholastic is looking for a great writer and editor to join its upper-elementary classroom magazines staff in Manhattan’s historic SoHo neighborhood. As a Senior Editor in the classroom magazines division, you will work collaboratively with top-level editors to deliver engaging news articles for children and educational resources for teachers. This is an ideal opportunity for a great nonfiction writer to join the world’s largest children’s publisher and make a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of students nationwide.
• Propose, research, and write news and feature stories for upper-elementary school news magazines, in both print and digital formats
• Conceptualize, write, and edit content for the digital edition of the magazines, including video scripts, quizzes, and slide shows
• Work with other editors, as well as design, photo, production, and web staff, to create compelling print and digital content under tight deadlines
• Minimum of five years’ of editorial experience in educational / children’s publishing
Proven track record of working with multiple team members to complete projects in a timely, efficient manner
• Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet weekly deadlines
Knowledge of trends in education, in areas such as evolving standards, curricula, and assessments
• Knowledge of educational technology (such as interactive whiteboards) a plus
To apply please cut and paste the following link into your browser: