Posted On: September 3, 2013
Media Organization: Axial News
Axial operates the world's most active online network for professionals who operate, advise, finance, and acquire private companies. Each week, more than 200 private companies confidentially connect with more than 13,000 different financial intermediaries, capital providers, and strategic acquirers. Professionals join Axial to expand their network, confidentially source and share opportunities, and gain access to capital, advice and relationships that help them and their organizations succeed. Current active opportunities on Axial represent more than $41 billion in revenue, with more than 75 transactions closing each month as a result of connections made on the network. Axial is headquartered in New York, NY, and is backed by Redpoint Ventures and First Round Capital.
Business Reporters at Axial focus on covering news of significance on the people, companies, and transactions that are occurring across every industry in the middle and lower middle market. These categories, which sit above main street but below the Fortune 500, are truly the beating heart of the American economy. You will be covering stories on unknown and under-covered entrepreneurs, the providers of capital who have financed their companies, and you’ll have an opportunity to report on and analyze closed transactions in these markets. Stories and content on related macro-economic trends or regulatory changes are also in play.
- Produce original news and content on the markets we cover and serve
- Develop influential and credible sources for news across a wide range of subjects
- Manage a pipeline of stories and content that combines both daily coverage and features
- Ability to take news/interviews beyond simply reporting what happened, focusing on the narrative opportunity and the people behind the news
- Develop and test strategies for how to continually improve the quality and reach of your content, as judged by readership growth, 3rd party references, and contributions to site traffic
– BA degree, preferably in Journalism or English
– 3+ years of reporting / journalism experience
– You absolutely love to write and publish
– A genuine interest in covering and serving the markets we cover
– Ability to link all activities to key metrics and audience growth objectives
– Motivated to reach individual and team goals; works extremely well in a team environment
Please apply via "Business Reporter" job link on our careers page: http://www.axial.net/about/careers/