Posted On: December 9, 2013
Media Organization: Olympia Media Group
Olympia Media Group publishes content in print and online at 39 college campuses across the United States with information specifically tailored to each university and produced by a rapidly-expanding team of students on location.
SENIOR EDITOR- Olympia Media Group's new Madison Avenue office is looking for an editor obsessed with breaking news and sports to manage printing operations of several weekly newspapers and to contribute to the development of the world's first millennial-centric media powerhouse. The candidate should believe that millennials can and do influence the direction of our planet, its inhabitants and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a vision to do so and is prepared to present it.
A teacher, taskmaster and mentor is best because this editor will be working with college students and recent graduates of varied backgrounds, religions, political affiliations and skill. We seek an editor who knows what interests a young audience and how to capture their attention over and over again. The candidate should be a social media whiz should feel comfortable working on digital content strategy projects and offering his or her full attention to developing young leaders.
• Edit submitted writing for AP Style
• Manage weekly paper production processes and breaking news/sports situations, contribute to special, seasonal editorial projects and issues
• Hire and train new staff members
• Contribute to national digital strategy sessions and help execute programs
• An Omnivorous news diet
• Previous experience in an editorial role at a magazine, newspaper or website.
• A good attitude, a sense of humor, a fresh perspective and a fearless outlook
E-mail a cover letter and resume to Brittany Binowski at email@example.com.