Posted On: February 28, 2014
Media Organization: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a media consultant to support the development and implementation of media strategies and activities on key education priorities and issues. These include, but are not limited to: Access and Equity in Education, Education in Emergencies, Girls’ Education, Quality Learning, Innovation and the Post-2015 agenda. The consultant will also provide communication support on issues closely linked to education and gender, such as emergencies, protection, and HIV/AIDS.
Qualifications and competencies:
• Advanced degree in communication, journalism, public relations, or a related discipline; or equivalent professional work experience, combined with a first university degree in a related discipline.
• At least eight years of professional experience in media relations and communications, at least three of which should be in an international setting.
• Knowledge of international media and understanding of print, broadcast and online media operations.
• Solid understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events. Familiarity with basic education and gender equality issues is highly desirable.
• Track record in implementing media strategies, networking, and developing media materials in a deadline driven and target audience way;
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Fluency in English and another UN language, preferably French or Spanish.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to quickly and easily liaise with multiple stakeholders, including those in the programmatic area to prepare strategic communications materials.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to email a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae in English AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ) to Nadia Sariahmed at email@example.com by March 10th 2014.
Please also indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the consultancy. Applications submitted without a rate will not be considered.