Posted On: March 19, 2014
Media Organization: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF promotes the rights and well-being of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere. More information is available at http://www.unicef.org
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a communication consultant to support evidence-based public advocacy through the development and implementation of key external and internal communication initiatives, in support of the organization’s vision and strategies.
As a member of the Public Advocacy section in the Division of Communication and working closely with the Knowledge Management focal point in the Education Section, the consultant will be responsible for managing key communication initiatives to ensure external visibility and internal awareness of the organization’s vision and strategies in education. This includes sourcing and repackaging case studies, publications, best practices, and other research or programme-based evidence materials into different formats relevant for public advocacy and internal communication. Issues and topics include, but are not limited to: Access and Equity in Education, Education in Emergencies, Girls’ Education, Quality Learning, Innovation and the Post-2015 agenda.
The consultancy includes the following components:
• Sourcing and developing story ideas for dissemination of research findings, best practices, and innovations in basic education and gender equality through UNICEF’s external and internal communication channels.
• Acting as a point person for internal communication matters for Education, managing and implementing key communications activities in support of the rollout of the new Strategic Plan 2014-2017.
• Re-packaging case studies, research and/or policy papers on education issues into different formats, such as one pagers, features and news articles, PowerPoint presentations and other content tailored to key external audiences.
• Supporting the development of key messages, talking points and communication materials on a range of education issues geared for UNICEF’s global campaigns, initiatives, and events in this area.
• Supporting content development and regular update of the UNICEF education web-platforms.
• Developing ideas for infographics, factographs and images to creatively convey research findings and education programmes’ results through both online and offline communication materials.
• Working with internal and external editors, copy editors, translators and designers and coordinating with PD colleagues for education-related publications, brochures and other communications materials.
• Contributing to other communication activities and deliverables of the CEGE Group as needed.
• Performing other tasks as required.
• May be requested to work on weekends and holidays.
Qualified candidates are requested to email a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae in English AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ) to Nadia Sariahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the consultancy. Applications submitted without a rate will not be considered.
Applications should be received by 31 March 2014. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.