Posted On: April 4, 2014
Media Organization: Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Communications Associate will contribute to the overall mission of the Rainforest Alliance as a vital member of the Editorial Unit, which is responsible for conceptualizing and producing organizational publications, web pages and short videos, as well as managing the blog and key social media properties. S/he will work closely with other members of the editorial team to create engaging content that clearly conveys the breadth and depth of the Rainforest Alliance’s work and makes it accessible to diverse audiences—from farmers and foresters to companies and consumers.
• Write copy for organizational communications vehicles, including the website, annual report, newsletters, brochures and B2B materials;
• Manage the Rainforest Alliance blog: generate story ideas, create original content, and assign/edit content prepared by colleagues;
• Manage key social media properties of the Rainforest Alliance (including Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest; increase both followers and engagement);
• Liaise with colleagues across divisions to stay abreast of newsworthy developments in other programs;
• Copy edit as needed;
• Conducting monthly calls with program colleagues; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, English, journalism, or related field;
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in communications, public relations or related field;
• Strong creative drive, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrable copy editing skills;
• Excellent organization and research skills;
• Keen judgment and ability to juggle sometimes competing priorities;
• Mastery of WordPress;
• Demonstrated experience in social media management;
• Strong self-starter, meticulous attention to detail and good follow-through;
• Excellent team player, strong interpersonal skills;
• Fluency in Spanish is a major advantage although not required.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8914511. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.