Posted On: June 25, 2014
Media Organization: Scholastic Inc
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media.
Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys.
Scholastic distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and www.scholastic.com.
• Under the supervision of the Senior Editor, Content and Programming, program landing pages using the CMS; edit the highlighted content; and proof live pages
• Work with Designers to have images and touts created for promoted content
• Program video using the CMS
• Edit existing site content to improve formatting, fix any errors, and improve clarity and quality of writing
• Contribute to special programs and team initiatives
• Work with the rest of the editorial team to constantly improve the quality of content on the website
• Liaise with freelancers, interns, and other Scholastic divisions as appropriate
• Reply to website customer queries as required
• Work with the team to develop and achieve team objectives and plans
• Experience in magazine, newspaper or online editorial preferred
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Must possess excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines, and find solutions to problems
• Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be creative, enthusiastic, and willing to learn new skills
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be able to navigate effectively on the Internet
• Knowledge of search engine optimization and social media a plus
• Previous work with a content management system a plus
Maternity Leave Replacement (Temporary Position)
• Three-month full time position followed by three-month part time position. Applicants must be able to commit to the full timeframe.
Send a brief cover letter and resume to Julie Russell: firstname.lastname@example.org