Posted On: July 11, 2014
Media Organization: NBC News Archives
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
We are looking for a Digital Researcher responsible for providing research and creating archival content for consumer news and information websites. This position also participates in other research and content creation projects.
The role will be key in contributing relevant video content with fast turnaround and sound editorial selection. The right candidate is a dynamic and high performing team player who will thrive in a fast-paced news setting and a constantly evolving digital environment.
We are looking for a detailed oriented person with a strong editorial sense, excellent history background and good judgment in video content selection. He/she will have experience in digital media and video.
This individual will be expected to juggle and prioritize assigned projects and must be able to complete them on tight deadlines and be flexible. He or she will be an excellent team player capable of navigating new business practices and constantly evolving needs and priorities.
Core Duties / Responsibilities
• Constantly monitor news websites for topics ideas.
• Liaise with editorial team to suggest archival stories and collaborate on video selections.
• Conduct research including rights checks to find relevant archival video clips.
• Edit video segments and write caption and description for videos.
• Research, compile and organize archival content to create themed packages of licensable footage for re-use and monetization.
• Contribute to social media and marketing of videos posted.
• Keep accurate records of all research undertaken,videos produced and clearance/copyright checks and usage metrics.
• Provide thorough fact checking and provide accurate metadata.
• Participate in proactive research and other assigned projects as needed.
• Stay abreast of developments in online video, digital content offering and online news industry.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university required.
• Solid history or journalism background required.
• Strong interest in popular culture, current events, US & news, geography, etc.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work closely with editorial, research and tech teams.
• Practical knowledge of digital environment, film and video formats and delivery options and tools.
• Basic editing skills.
• Familiar with new uses of video, social media, digital platforms, etc.
• Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, organized and ability to complete assignments on time.
• Must show initiative and be able to take the lead on assigned projects.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org