Posted On: August 1, 2014
Media Organization: JTA, the global Jewish news service
Founded in 1917, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency is a nonprofit global news service. We cover Jewish life, religion, politics, culture and communal affairs. Our articles are syndicated to more than 70 Jewish publications around the world.
JTA, the global Jewish news service, is looking to hire a fall editorial intern in our New York City office. Interns perform various editorial tasks, including writing and reporting news and feature articles, as well as work related to our website and newsletter products.
* Writing news and feature stories and blog posts
* Helping to assemble our e-newsletters
* Some web production and photo work
* Other duties as needed
* Excellent writing skills
* Ability to work quickly and on deadline
* Past journalism experience is required
* Familiarity with Jewish topics is preferred
This is a full-time position with an hourly wage of $10. Start and end dates are negotiable.
Please submit resume and 2-4 writing samples to: email@example.com. No calls please.
Specify when you would be available to start.
For the fall internship, applications are due by August 11.