Posted On: August 14, 2014
Media Organization: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Working with national governments, NGOs (non-governmental organizations), other United Nations agencies and private-sector partners, UNICEF protects children and their rights by providing services and supplies and by helping shape policy agendas and budgets in the best interests of children.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is looking for experienced communication specialists to fill potentially a number of positions within the Communication for Education and Gender Equality (CEGE) group within the Public Advocacy section in the Division of Communication (DOC). The consultants will work in the areas of public advocacy and strategic communication, outreach, research, monitoring and evaluation in support of UNICEF’s priorities in education.
**Please note that the duties and qualifications listed below encompass needs for a variety of consultancies. Qualified candidates should therefore highlight his/her strongest skills in the cover letter.
The consultancy includes many of the following components:
• Develop and implement an outreach communication strategy for development professionals and general audience at global, regional and national levels.
• Provide communication support to global initiatives in education and work with UNICEF’s partners to meet public advocacy goals.
• Provide key support to data analytics and collaborate with data visualization partners to develop specific data-visualization products.
• Research in support of strategic advocacy and communication messages and content, i.e., issue briefs, key messages, facts and figures on education.
• Develop comprehensive social media strategies, campaigns and digital content specifically tailored to UNICEF’s social media platforms.
• Revise and develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy of the CEGE group's work.
• Other assignments as needed.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/ experience:
• Advanced degree in international relations, communication, journalism, or related fields.
• At least five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in public advocacy and communication.
• Demonstrated ability to collect information and data, undertake analysis and present findings in a succinct and clear manner.
• Excellent English writing and editing skills, knowledge of another UN language a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of web design softwares such as RedDot CMS, WordPress.
• Understanding of social media tools and capabilities, including social media platforms, management and monitoring tools, influencer outreach and social media analytics.
• Knowledge of current trends in the field of communication and public advocacy.
• Strong research skills and ability to identify threats and opportunities in public advocacy.
• General knowledge of data visualization platforms and software a plus.
• Demonstrated success in networking and working in a team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience in the UN system a plus.
Qualified candidates are requested to email a cover letter, a detailed resume/curriculum vitae in English AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ) along with the requested daily/monthly fee for their services to Diptesh Soni at email@example.com. Applications should be received by 2 September 2014. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.