Posted On: August 22, 2014
Media Organization: Institutional Investor Magazine
For more than 45 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication.
Its sister publication, Institutional Investor’s Alpha, is a thought leader for the hedge fund industry. It is a must-read for anyone hoping to keep ahead of the curve, bringing transparency and accountability to a secretive industry that is playing a growing role in the financial markets. Alpha concentrates on the global hedge fund industry, including coverage not only of hedge fund firms and managers, but also of the investor who back them and the prime brokers, administrators, auditors and law firms that service them.
Throughout the year, Institutional Investor and Alpha offer a host of proprietary research and rankings that serve as respected industry benchmarks, informing and influencing their carefully targeted audience.
Visit http://www.institutionalinvestor.com for more.
Institutional Investor is looking for an energetic and ambitious associate editor to work on the editorial teams of both Institutional Investor and Institutional Investor's Alpha. The responsibilities span all aspects of content creation and production and are largely (though not entirely) digital. They include, but are not limited to:
• Writing on a variety of topics — including equities, fixed income, alternative investments, banking, financial markets, foreign exchange and more. Coverage will also include research-related topics and events, such as the All-America Student Analyst Competition. Articles will range from 600 to 3,000 words in length.
• Editing and prepping stories before they post online
• Prepping research team profiles and pages for web publication; liaising with the research department to ensure prompt and accurate posting of Research & Rankings projects
• Creating and scheduling daily email newsletters
• Promoting content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for the brand
• Staying abreast of the latest financial news and analysis and understanding how it impacts II’s audience
• Working with writers, editors and art staff to help produce videos for the II and Alpha websites
• Working with programmers to troubleshoot any problems related to II or Alpha websites
This is a permanent, full-time position.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in new media, journalism, communications and/or finance
• Strong writing and editing skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards and juggling multiple projects
• Experience with web analytics and knowledge of SEO best practices
• Understanding of the principles of user experience and a good working knowledge of HTML, basic image editing and content management systems
• Knowledge of major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Ongoing knowledge of and innate interest in financial markets and business news
• Genuine enthusiasm and drive for learning on the job and doing new things
Please email cover letter, resume and three writing clips to email@example.com.