Posted On: September 22, 2014
Media Organization: Bread for the World
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad. Bread for the World Institute provides policy analysis on hunger and strategies to end it.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To help the managing editor generate, edit, and collaboratively produce a variety of compelling, engaging, effective, and clear content for Bread Blog, its social media platforms, its websites, and any other platforms used by Bread. He/she will co-lead Bread’s social media team; closely coordinates with Bread’s Web and other teams to ensure close integration of all platforms in its various legislative and fundraising campaigns.
1. Manages and edits Bread Blog. Writes and produces compelling, story-based content and coordinates, edits, and posts entries and graphics to ensure timely coverage of Bread events, people, and issues in the blog
2. Co-manages, generates content, and edits all of Bread’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
3. Grows and supervises the volunteer writers, producers, and contributors to Bread Blog and Bread’s social media accounts
4. Co-leads Bread’s Social Media Team, together with the social media counterpart from the organizing and capacity-building department
5. Coordinates with Web team to maximize the interface between Bread’s print and online platforms, including repackaging print content for use on the website, and developing creative ways to engage online readers
6. Works closely with Bread’s other digital teams, such as the Email Communications Team, to ensure that social media functions are closely integrated with legislative and fundraising campaigns
7. Updates and manages the implementation of all social media-related guidelines in Bread’s Brand and Style Guide
8. Helps solicit, write, and edit features stories related to Bread’s issues.
9. Writes and edits Bread for the World e-newsletters as needed
10. Writes and edits copy for Bread’s print publications, such as Bread Newsletter
11. Helps write and edit all Bread for the World materials, including organizing, marketing, fundraising, campaign emails, media materials, and advocacy campaign materials, and proofreads final proofs
12. Writes Offering of Letters handbooks, features, background papers, speeches, and other materials as needed
13. Ensures that Bread’s communications materials reflect the organization’s point of view, language, and brand, especially in Bread Blog and Bread’s social media channels
14. Acts as managing editor of Bread for the World when needed
1. Represents communications department in task forces and work groups in Bread as assigned
2. Work collaboratively with Bread’s coalition partners to plan and implement blogging and social media strategies
3. Other responsibilities and activities as may be assigned by the managing editor and/or the communications director.
If you are interested in applying, please send cover letter, resume, links to work, and three work samples to Careers.COMM@bread.org or fax to the attention of Stephen Padre at 202-688-1155. Deadline for applications is Monday, September 29, 2014. Bread is an EOE. Visit our website http://www.bread.org/about-us/jobs/ for a full listing of open positions.