Posted On: December 29, 2014
Media Organization: Achieving Leadership’s Purpose, Inc.
Achieving Leadership's Purpose, Inc. (ALP) seeks a part-time writer interested in non-profit grant writing. This position will include responsibility for crafting compelling grant proposals and other content to communicate ALP's mission and program to prospective funders. The ideal candidate should be highly self-motivated, be knowledge around issues of inner city inequity, and results-oriented. The writer will work remotely and be responsible for checking in with board member point person. Strong writing skills are a must! Graduate school students preferred. The position will be for a period of 6-8 weeks. US work authorization is required. Prior experience preferred.
- Developing and maintaining (1) proposals, (2) marketing communications, and (3) relationships with funders via telephone and written correspondence.
- Maintaining calendar; ensuring deadlines are met; developing comprehensive relationships to ensure dependable revenue stream.
- Ensuring Thank You notes are completed.
- Compiling and maintaining listserv of press and media contacts.
- Currently in graduate school.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications (or equivalent).
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in excellent interpersonal, leadership, and analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Passionate about his/her work and opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of a small, but established non-profit.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Creativity; out-of-the-box thinker.
Qualified candidates should send their resume with a cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.