Posted On: February 19, 2015
Media Organization: Thrillist Media Group
Thrillist Media Group (TMG) is obsessed with helping guys live fun lives and reaches over 11 million of them across the globe, every single day. Seamlessly blending content and commerce, TMG digs deep to inform guys how to best spend their time and money across the lifestyle categories they care about most. The TMG family consists of three brands: food, drink and travel property Thrillist; tech-meets-lifestyle site Supercompressor; and style and grooming destination JackThreads.
Thrillist’s Food & Drink team is looking for a new staff writer. Our ideal candidate:
- Well-versed in food/dining trends and culture
- Pitch well-developed, innovative food/drink ideas that push the Thrillist brand or dig deeper into established Thrillist franchises. And maybe some stuff about burgers.
- Produce 5+ articles per week, ranging from long-form, reported features and essays to taste-tests, time-sensitive shorter news stories, and experiential articles involving myriad Olive Garden breadsticks
- Identify and commentate on food/drink breaking news and emerging trends
- Represent Thrillist Food and Drink while interviewing nationally recognized chefs, bartenders, and the man who invented GoGurt
-Minimum 3 years experience in either print or digital lifestyle and culture writing
- Have an extensive working knowledge of food and drink publications
- Must display excellent grammar and be able to quickly learn Thrillist’s style guide
- Must pay strict attention to deadlines so that we can actually publish your stories on the man who invented GoGurt
- Must be able to self-manage and work in a fast-paced environment where lots of people own cool hoodies
- Must be able to work in Thrillist’s SoHo NYC office
- Strong social media presence is a plus, while enthusiasm to self-promote in a smart, non-annoying way on all platforms is a must
- Photography skills are also quite cool and useful
Those who fit the bill should send a brief cover letter and their resume to Associate Food & Drink Editor Liz Childers at firstname.lastname@example.org.