Posted On: April 7, 2015
Media Organization: Digital Campaigner
The Public Interest Network organizes and mobilizes the public in order to win concrete social change. Through U.S. PIRG, Environment America and other groups in our network, we’ve helped win hundreds of laws and other victories that have improved our health and safety, our environment, and our democracy.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network is hiring five digital campaigners ready to protect the environment and restore our democracy. You’ll work with organizations like Environment America and U.S. PIRG to craft and win campaigns to fight global warming, get big money out of politics, and protect our waterways from toxic pollution.
This is an entry-level position for college graduates ready to turn their online skills into political action. We’re looking for people who are eager and ready to learn new skills, want to work hard, and who won’t be satisfied until they win.
• Can write persuasively and boil complex issues down to a single sentence;
• Have an opinion about what works online and can point to examples to back it up;
• Are excited to learn new tools and aren’t afraid of html;
• Want to make the world better and won't shy away from pointing blame;
• Have built something from scratch;
• Sweat the details.
• Work with one of our program teams to run a powerful digital campaign to help solve global warming, expand solar energy, fight the overuse of antibiotics on factory farms, protect clean water, or restore our democracy;
• Write emails and campaign actions that you’ll send to hundreds of thousands of supporters;
• Design and curate content for social media, and engage with our national community;
• Coordinate with our field team of five to nine campaign organizers, and back them up with emails, web pages and digital strategy;
• Develop partnerships and creative online tactics to build our audience and raise money;
• Analyze the results of your work, and report on successes and failures;
• Keep your projects on track, hold people accountable to their deliverables, and communicate regularly with your team.
Apply online at http://publicinterestnetwork.org/apply - in the “position applying for” field, please type 'Digital Campaigner'.