Posted On: June 30, 2015
Media Organization: Institutional Investor
For more than 45 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication.
Its sister publication, Institutional Investor’s Alpha, is a thought leader for the hedge fund industry. It is a must-read for anyone hoping to keep ahead of the curve, bringing transparency and accountability to a secretive industry that is playing a growing role in the financial markets. Alpha concentrates on the global hedge fund industry, including coverage not only of hedge fund firms and managers, but also of the investor who back them and the prime brokers, administrators, auditors and law firms that service them.
Throughout the year, Institutional Investor and Alpha offer a host of proprietary research and rankings that serve as respected industry benchmarks, informing and influencing their carefully targeted audience.
Institutional Investor magazine is looking for financial writers to join its freelance editorial team. Writers will be responsible for pitching and writing timely and engaging articles and slideshows for institutionalinvestor.com’s global audience of analysts, hedge fund managers, registered investment advisers, CIOs and other asset managers and investors. Institutional Investor prides itself on quality reporting and expects its writers to meet a certain standard of quality and write from a perspective that is relevant and deemed useful for its audience.
We are looking for writers based all over the world. Interested candidates should have a thorough understanding of and interest in any or all of the following areas: equities, fixed income, hedge funds, alternatives, ETFs, banking, emerging markets, foreign exchange, trading, endowments/foundations, monetary policy, private wealth, pensions and sovereign wealth funds. Please submit a minimum of three published clips on any of the above relevant topics with your application.
• Conceptualize and produce smart content — covering asset management, investing and capital markets — for Institutional Investor’s website.
• Optimize content for search engines by incorporating SEO best practices into your writing.
• Promote content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for your coverage.
• Stay abreast of the latest financial news and analysis and understand how it impacts II’s audience.
Desired Skills & Experience
• At least five years of experience writing and reporting on complex financial topics, like asset management and capital markets.
• A broad knowledge of global events and how they impact the financial industry.
• A solid understanding of financial markets and an innate interest in finance.
• Exemplary language skills and storytelling ability.
• Strong sense of what makes a good web story and how to deliver it with impact.
• High degree of personal initiative and creativity.
• Strong knowledge of SEO.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Journalism and/or Finance.
• A strong Twitter following is a plus.
Please email your cover letter, resume and writing clips to Kalina Ollinger at email@example.com.