Posted On: July 10, 2015
Media Organization: Artsy
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are a resource for art collecting and education.
Author Philip Pullman once wrote, “After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” At Artsy, we wholeheartedly agree.
Within our mission to make art accessible to anyone with an internet connection, we are aiming to tell the stories around art and art-making, with the end goal of creating exciting, engaging, and educational context and dialogue around artists and artworks on the site. With that in mind, we are looking for self-motivated individuals to help us achieve this goal. The intern will play an important part in Artsy’s editorial production.
* You are meticulously organized, skilled with time management, and obsessed with meeting deadlines; and you get a thrill out of working in a fast-paced environment.
* You feel very comfortable undertaking extensive independent research and fact-checking tasks, as well as managing content on a web-based content management system.
* You are a strategic thinker, confident and thoughtful writer, and excited to work collaboratively to support an editorial team.
* Your peers would describe you as “humble,” “proactive,” “passionate,” and “driven.”
* You should have a background in art history and/or experience working at an arts publication.
* You should be excited about being part of a dynamic, close-knit editorial team.
The Editorial Internship is based at our HQ in downtown Manhattan and is a paid position. All fall internships will last from September 15th through December 18th, 2015.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your resume, and three short art-related writing samples under 300 words each (please no academic papers), to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the final deadline of August 31st, 2015.