Posted On: July 21, 2015
Media Organization: Next Media Animation
Next Media Animation is one of the largest 3D computer animation studios in Asia, with more than 600 creators and animators based in Taipei, Taiwan. NMA additionally have offices in Hong Kong, Japan, and the United States. NMA is also the fastest 3D animation studio in the world. We are focused on creating, developing, and funding innovative and creative projects including high-quality entertainment contents across multiple media platforms and distribution channels all in a fraction of time it takes traditional studio to do.
Known around the world for its daily CG animated news stories with their millions of followers, NMA is one of the few fully digital content studios in Asia. The studio handles every step of the 3D animation content workflow: from storyboard to real-time 3D production to CG animation. Our vision is to provide more interactive entertainment content through key distribution channels in the fastest time. Next Media Animation opens a new world of rich entertainment experiences to a rapidly mobile worldwide community.
Next Media Animation is looking for experienced web writers and journalists with a passion for (both hard and viral) news to help strengthen our visual storytelling muscle.
This is a full-time position with benefits based out of our new Los Angeles office. You'll be joining a small team of hard-working, fun, creative people who are passionate about creating entertaining and informative content for the web.
What you'll be doing
● Writing animation scripts, voiceovers and articles for the web
● Pitching ideas for stories
● Publishing videos to various digital platforms, including YouTube, our website and our app
● Helping edit and maintain our video platforms
● Editing short form videos for our Reuters service as well as our TomoNews brand
● Love and excitement for all things internet and news
● A positive, friendly attitude and personality (i.e. be a mensch)
● Enthusiasm for the material covered by both our NewsDirect and TomoNews brands
● At least two years of newsgathering and news writing (or similar professional web writing) experience
● Be a self starter and a visual storyteller
● An ability to write well and quickly
● Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
● Be able to work flexible hours and on multiple deadlines
● An ability to beat deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
Great to haves
● Experience with video editing and Photoshop
● An active online presence
● Basic HTML skills
● A sharp sense of humor
Send the following to Malik Yusuf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
● A resume
● A couple short paragraphs introducing yourself and explaining why'd be a great fit for this role
● Links to your social media accounts
● Links to some of your previous work