Posted On: July 22, 2015
Media Organization: Bisnow Media
We write fun, but informative e-pubs covering the people and projects in your commercial real estate business community. Then we connect you with them at our awesome events. We also love long walks on the beach.
Real Estate Reporter
New York City
OK. Bisnow looks cool but what does the Company actually do?
Bisnow is the largest provider of Commercial Real Estate news in the United States of America. We publish e-newsletters that are sent out to over a million readers across the country and host over 250 events a year where industry leaders are invited to speak on panels about the hottest topics in their local market. Our cash flow has three components: advertising within our newsletters, sponsorship opportunities at our events and of course, ticket sales.
Sounds great, why would I want to work at Bisnow?
You may or may not want to work at Bisnow. Do you enjoy working 9 – 5 and look forward to your two weeks of vacation each year? If so, this is not the place for you. If you love working hard, taking on new challenges, learning something new on a daily basis and are not afraid of failing so that you can learn from your mistakes, well, you might as well not bother applying anywhere else. Bisnow invests in driven, hardworking and self-motivated employees who are hungry to learn. We are always learning new business strategies, new selling strategies and new marketing strategies to advance our own skillsets and to bring different opinions to the table.
We also believe in fun. Work hard. Play hard. Right? Our employees around the US are working around ping-pong tables, sitting on inflatable exercise balls, caring for the office mascots and working in “The HR Room” with a few couches, a TV and a fridge stocked with beers. At Bisnow, work and life are easily integrated because we love what we do. If you are a competitive, yet inspirational, individual looking to work with others that fit this description and want to invest your career in a start up company that is fun, quickly growing, provides opportunity for promotion, pays for results and is willing to invest in growing your skillset – well done, you found us. Our primary objective is to hire intelligent, fun, hard-working people who add to our already exciting and thriving culture.
• We’re looking for a new reporter to be our all access pass into continuing to dominate the commercial real estate industry.
• You’d be responsible for working a beat, travelling around New York City covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry (keeping the Bisnow “fun, snappy and informative” style).
• We need someone who can get into the people of the commercial real estate industry – this means turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources.
• Must have intimate knowledge of the commercial real estate business, players, hot topics, trends, and events. For example, if asked you would be able to easily name the top executives at the major commercial real estate firms, like CB Richard Ellis, as well as naming the major industry trends and having a nuanced understanding of those trends.
• Must have an intimate knowledge of the New York City commercial real estate business knowing where the major players are located and what events they attend.
• Ideally have two or more years of experience covering the commercial real estate industry in Los Angeles for another publication or working in PR for an organization that is in the New York City commercial real estate business.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Prove it.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and the position you are interested in in the subject line of the email.