Posted On: August 17, 2015
Media Organization: Architect's Newspaper
The Architect's Newspaper delivers architecture and design news from across the United States & beyond. Start reading at: http://www.archpaper.com/
The Architect’s Newspaper is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Editor to report to the Senior Editor.
They are expected to be self-directed in staying on top of news, developing and briefing sources and contacts in relevant fields, attending events and providing editors and publisher with timely briefings on such events. They are expected to track and report on news and stay aware of trends in all relevant fields of architecture, technology, construction, environment and design. Responsibilities include:
• Supports both print and web staff in day to day operations
• Takes on written assignments for print + web
• Researches and pitches story ideas for print + web
• Researches for features
• Writes multiple daily blog posts
• Runs the AN Twitter account
• Proofreads + copyedit print issues when needed
• Keeps up with cultural issues and city news
• Represents paper at events + conferences
• Actively contributes to weekly editorial meetings with story and news ideas.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
The Architect’s Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Interested candidates should submit CV and cover letter, which must include salary
requirements, to Matt Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)