Posted On: August 21, 2015
Media Organization: France-Amerique Magazine
Founded in 1943, France-Amérique is published by France-Amérique LLC, a private company headquartered in New York City. With 200,000 readers per issue, France-Amérique is the only bilingual French-English publication in America. As we are rapidly growing, France-Amérique is looking to recruit Journalist/Contributor to join our Team. This is a great opportunity to have your work published in a high quality bilingual content magazine for those who have interest in the French culture & Art de vivre, bilateral relationship between France & the USA, the United States of America and, bilingualism.
Reports to: President of France-Amérique: Mr. Guy Sorman; Editor-in-Chief: Guénola Pellen
• Possess experience and a degree as a journalist;
• Excellent command of French and English. Exceptional grammar is required;
• Be a self-directed individual with the proven ability to take initiative as a problem solver;
• Be capable of multi-tasking. Dynamism, positive attitude and sense of humor are required;
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism;
• Willing to relocate to New York City. (Office is in Midtown Manhattan)
• For non US citizens and non US residents, France-Amérique will sponsor the journalist visa.
• Generating ideas for stories. Researches. Writing and editing news stories. Sourcing images to accompany written pieces; Ensuring work is well written, accurate and submitted to deadline;
• Conducting interviews, either in person or remotely; Attending seminars and conferences ;
• Monitoring the website as well as the weekly e-newsletter.
• Keeping up to date with French-Americans news and trends;
• Performs other duties as necessary or as requested by the editor in chief or the CEO of the publication.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Please send a resume, cover letter, clips and a list of 3 recent examples of your work to email@example.com