Posted On: September 3, 2015
Media Organization: Architizer
Architizer is the world's largest online community of today’s architects and designers that was built by an architect to allow for the sharing of projects, sourcing of products, and exchange of ideas and news.
For a quick overview of Architizer please see: vimeo.com/architizer/intro
Architizer is seeking paid content contributors interested in gaining experience in the architecture and design media industry in our New York City office.
- Research: Scouring both the web and the Architizer database for leads, and supporting writers as needed
- Production: Processing data, including text and images, as well as original reporting where appropriate
- Engaging communities: Assist social media by drafting content to disseminate via social media channels and/or seed content on partner sites.
- Providing administrative support to the content department: Organizing calendars, updating press lists, fact-checking, requesting photography, etc.
- Enrolled in a degree related to art history, urban studies, design criticism, journalism, communications, or English.
- Knowledge of architecture and design is desirable but not required. All applicants should have a passion for Architizer content.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up office environment
- Understanding of copy-editing and web publishing best practices
- Proficiency in social media and related management tools
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Over 18 with the legal ability to work in the United States
- Contributors are expected to work a minimum of 16 hours (two days) a week in the Architizer office in Lower Manhattan.
Please apply through the following link: