Posted On: September 23, 2015
Media Organization: IBM
To reinvent a company, you have to build the best team. Performance Marketing has several core teams that work together to drive our transformation. We are building a smarter business that delights our clients and connects us to their unique perspectives. Applicants should be passionate about the skills they’ve developed in key areas, yet ready to learn much more as they step into their professional marketing career at IBM. We’re on a journey to transform how marketers utilize digital technology; apply if you’re ready to take that journey with us.
New hires will join one of these Performance Marketing teams:
• Campaign Planning and Enablement
• Data and Analytics
• Digital Marketing
• Events Experience
• Content Strategy
Our team of content experience strategists enables IBM marketing professionals and agency partners to plan, produce, and manage content for all aspects of IBM’s marketing activities, including campaigns, sales enablement, event planning, and content marketing so that we deliver highly engaging content experiences.
IBM is seeking the next generation of creative individuals with a hunger for innovation and a knack for marketing to join our Performance Marketing team.
As the newest IBM Marketing group, we think big, start small, and scale fast – and work beside some of the best agile development teams to bring our ideas to life. Performance Marketing is leading the transformation to build a smarter business; it’s where smart analytics, innovative strategies, and intuitive design principles are applied to create the next generation of tools and platforms for IBM marketers. From the get-go, you will have the opportunity to impact marketing strategy at a global level and work with some of the brightest data scientists, social media ninjas, and world-class designers in the industry.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Have a passion for solving complex problems applying design thinking, user centric principles, technology, and data.
• Are able to help others craft an understanding of a market, its audiences, and key messages that drive engagement.
• Think digitally – understand the principles of content life cycle management, from creation, production, analytics and optimization
• Our office digs are located at 51 Astor Place, in the heart of the Silicon Alley, New York City
• Not ready to ditch your notebook? Learn key marketing and analytical skills in our new employee onboarding program
• We care about results; how you get work done is up to you. Our hours are often flexible because the work is constantly changing
• No cube life for us! Our marketing labs are designed for collaboration—desks, couches, whiteboard walls and even a ping pong table
• Get involved in our community service, social events, and professional development workshops. It’s like you never left campus
• 380,000 employees,170 countries, unlimited career opportunities with our network
• Big name company with small, agile teams—get one-on-one mentoring and showcase your work
• Competitive salary, benefits, and vacation time; only the best for our employees Required
High School Diploma/GED
Basic knowledge in digital marketing
Basic knowledge in social media and building communities
Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
Basic knowledge in problem solving and analytical skills
Basic knowledge in developing strategic marketing campaigns
Basic knowledge in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools
Basic knowledge in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Basic knowledge in web and mobile development and related skills, documentation, business tools and methodologies, troubleshooting and problem resolution, and customer facing experience
At least 6 months experience in working in a collaborative and driven environment (this can include classroom and/or internship setting)
At least 6 months experience in visual, interactive, User experience (UX) or industrial design
At least 6 months experience in working within a cross-functional team and handling multiple projects with tight deadlines
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.