Posted On: October 15, 2015
Media Organization: Sommer Communications Group
AT Sommer Communications Group, we are excited by our clients’ stories, and work hard to help them tell it. We know it takes a smart strategy to stand out in the news. We work with notable growth stage start-ups and venture capital firms in both NYC and Silicon Valley with a focus on tech, business and industry press. Both communication advisors and PR experts, our work spans messaging, media strategy creation, media relations and byline development and placement.
National boutique public relations communications firm Sommer Communications group is looking for a self-starting PR administrative coordinator. In this role, you will work directly with the CEO and across the entire team to ensure smooth running of the division in daily tasks and as it relates to all current accounts.
The PR Coordinator will work closely across the team on a variety of projects, included, but not limited to the following:
- Maintenance and creation of media lists
- Monitoring google alerts and deciphering relevant information to enhance media list
- Monitor social media tracking software
- Online media research as needed
- Managing the agency appointment calendar
- Coordinating administrative client communications
- Attending client calls as needed for note taking and following up on action items
- Assist with client appreciation efforts during holiday or special occasions
- General weekly admin to support the team
- Mostly virtual - 10 hours a week to start, opportunity for growth
- Must be NYC based or accessible to NYC
- Weekly on-site visits to NYC office (28th St & Madison Ave)
- The ideal candidate will have a focused background/understanding of public relations, communications or journalism
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills,
- Knowledge of media tracking and being able to decipher media relevant to current clients
- Flexible schedule, self starter and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Degree in communications or related areas preferred.
Send Resume and cover letter to Stephanie Licata (firstname.lastname@example.org)