Posted On: November 4, 2015
Media Organization: Connie Bennett, Gab With The Gurus
Gab with the Gurus is a Podcast focusing on health, wellness and personal empowerment.
Bestselling Author & Host of Gab with the Gurus, Connie
Bennett seeks a reliable, fast-working, social media-savvy Associate Radio Producer (Part-Time).
• Work with Author/Show Host to line up upcoming guests for Gab with the Gurus Shows.
• Arrange and confirm appearances of experts (“gurus”); skim or read the guest’s book; write brief guest bios; create short, compelling show intros and brief guest bios; and come up with original, provocative, unusual questions and closing comments.
• Write attention-creating bullet points and write a short post for the Author/Show Host’s blog.
• Help build an audience for Gab With the Gurus Shows using social media, etc.
• Identify other popular shows for Show Host/Author to appear as a guest.
• Maintain calendar on blog for all shows.
• Edit Gab with the Gurus interviews and create 1-Minute Secrets of the Gurus segments to be posted on the Author/Show Host’s blog and shared on social media and with guests.)
You should be:
• Well trained, with studies in broadcasting (radio or video), writing, journalism, PR, and marketing.
• Curious, diligent and creative.
• Skilled at writing speed, style and flair.
• Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, flexible and gracious under pressure.
• Able to work quickly and accurately.
• Interested in health, fitness, nutrition and exercise.
• A recent or upcoming graduate in a top master’s or undergraduate program in journalism.
• Will work 10 to 15 hours a week from home.
• Need high-speed Internet access.
• Need access to radio editing equipment. (You have knowledge Audacity or a similar editing program.)
• If you do a great job, this position could lead to more writing, editing and marketing work.
• This position is a great resume builder.
To listen to archived shows, go to www.GabWithTheGurus.com.
To apply, please send a resume, a few paragraphs about yourself and links in the body of the email to blog posts or articles you’ve written to: Connie Bennett (connie@GabWithTheGurus.com).
Please, no attachments. I look forward to hearing from you.