Posted On: November 23, 2015
Media Organization: HelpmeSee. Inc.
I. THE HELPMESEE MISSION
HelpMeSee was founded in 2010 with the goal of making the necessity of sight possible for every blind child and adult in the world, regardless of where they live or how underserved they may be. Our goal is to deliver very low-cost, high-quality Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery (MSICS) to millions of adults and children in the developing world who have cataracts – giving them back not only their sight but their independence.
HelpMeSee is pursuing our ambitious goal of eliminating cataract blindness worldwide by training tens of thousands of MSICS specialists in developing countries through the use of a high-fidelity simulator and sophisticated courseware, as well as collaborating with existing MSICS specialists who already perform this procedure in their communities. With our technology-based patient facing programs and local surgical partners, HelpMeSee is committed to saving the sight of millions.
HelpMeSee is looking to hire a technical writer to create documentation and other background support for our various technology-based assets, programs and activities. This position may require meetings at the HelpMeSee NY office from time to time and conference calls with global team members for information and research.
- We are looking for a technical writer who can work with HelpMeSee to create / draft documentation including user/operations manuals, etc. for various medical/technological applications and assets of HelpMeSee.
- The writer would also be documenting various procedures and processes for HelpMeSee regarding IT, management systems, quality assurance monitoring, etc. as well as the historical development.
- The writer would also be creating documents to help orient our new surgical partners.
- The writer would also help to create other HelpMeSee documentation, as needed.
- Commitment to HelpMeSee’s mission
- Education requirement: M.P.H., M.A., or Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Communications, Computer Science, medical or related field
- Practical experience in technical writing preferred
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong ability to create, assimilate, and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to interview subject matter experts efficiently and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive documents
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
- Be self-disciplined and efficient in time management
- Frequent proofreading and checking documents for accuracy
Fluent in English; excellent English communications skills verbal and written
Other languages may be helpful
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Part time / hourly
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; kindly provide minimum hourly rate requirements
Job function: Technical Writing / Medical & Technology familiarity
Reporting to: President & CEO (NY Office), or as otherwise determined by HelpMeSee
Application deadline: Open until filled
HelpMeSee, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status or any other status protected by law. HelpMeSee, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
How to Apply
Please send a resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include “Application: Technical Writer” in the email subject line.
Please include minimum hourly rate requirements.
Please submit a sample of your work with application.