Posted On: January 7, 2016
Media Organization: Tubefilter
Tubefilter is the leading digital entertainment media company covering the online video industry and the definitive source for online video industry news, program reviews, and events.
Our properties include: Tubefilter News, the authority for online video industry and web series news and reviews; Tubefilter Events, an event series where online video professionals gather to hear expert panel discussions and meet other advertisers, executives, and content creators; the Streamy Awards, a star-studded awards show produced in partnership with dick clark productions, which honors excellence in online video programming; and Stream Con NYC, a digital content and creator convention celebrating online video stars and their communities in the heart of New York City.
For additional information about Tubefilter, please visit www.tubefilter.com. For daily online video coverage, follow us on twitter @tubefilter.
The Staff Writer at Tubefilter will be a self-starter who is passionate about the online video industry, eager to learn more about it, and excited to be a part of a fast-growing company at the center of it all. He/She will source and write multiple stories every day, engage with the Tubefilter audience on site and through social media channels, and manage Tubefilter contributors. He/she will also work closely with the Editor at Tubefilter to develop editorial calendars and strategized about coverage and feature stories. The Staff Writer will also have an opportunity to be actively involved in the coordination and production of Tubefilter Events.
This is a great chance for a smart, all-purpose journalist to get immediately involved in a fast-growing site intimately involved in the burgeoning online video industry.
• Write, edit, and generally oversee a flow of online video news and reviews
• Manage a tight network of freelancers, contributors, and content partners
• Develop a strategy to optimize content for social engagement
• Stay aware of trends and understand how to stay competitive in the industry
• 1-3 years of journalism experience
• Deep understanding of - and enthusiasm for - the online video industry, especially in regards to online video entertainment (e.g. YouTube, online video studios, successful online video programs and series, online video personalities and celebrities, and more)
• Deep understanding of social media platforms
• Basic knowledge of WordPress, html, and/or other online publishing platforms
• Experience with video productions a plus
• Experience with Photoshop and/or Final Cut a plus
Please follow the instructions and fill out the form at the following link to apply: https://tubefilter.wufoo.com/forms/tubefilter-staff-writer/