Posted On: January 20, 2016
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Opportunities may include, (but are not limited to):
• Today Show
• Nightly News
• LA Bureau – CNBC
• Peacock Productions
• Strong writing
• Journalism experience
• Media Production
• Knowledge of: current events, politics, government affairs, international stories, long form
• News Junkies
• Investigative, hard news, and breaking news experience is a plus
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Please address your cover letter to the NBCUniversal Internship Program.
DEADLINE: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by May 1, 2016.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, Burbank, or Los Angeles, CA
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
**Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Talent Acquisition and Campus Programs, or her successor or designee.
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• Previous internship experience