Posted On: February 4, 2016
Media Organization: Neurology Now
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2014 annual revenues of €3.7 billion. The group serves customers in over 170 countries, and employs over 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our products and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow @WKHealth or @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, or follow WoltersKluwerComms on YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer / business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
New York, NY
The Assistant Editor writes, copyedits, researches, and proofreads assigned articles for a tabloid newspaper for neurology physicians and a consumer-friendly magazine for patients, both published in cooperation with a medical society partner. Develops best social media practices/strategies for driving traffic to the publication websites and posts to the publication’s social media sites several times a day.
Surveys daily news feeds to determine noteworthy briefs in the specialty for possible article follow-up and/or posting to the website news blogs. Writes, updates and maintains the publication websites with rich media and news briefs.
Creates and produces podcasts. Researches and keeps up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics for both the physician and consumer-friendly publication.
Attends relevant meetings/conferences as assigned, conferring with editor about which to follow up on to write articles about, conducting additional interviews as needed. Works with the editor to manage/traffic production of the print to iPad editions. Finds free or low-cost artwork to use to enhance articles both in print and on online. Participates in and contributes to regular department and company-wide meetings, as well as publication-specific meetings.
Participates in regular meetings with — and maintains a positive working relationship with — staff and officers of the medical society partner; responds to the needs and concerns of readers of both publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Copyediting, proofreading, and rewriting
• Writing articles as assigned
• Post regularly to the social media sites to drive traffic to publication website
• Write and post brief articles to the website, as well as keeping it up to date
• Researching/keeping up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics
• Cover relevant meetings
• Research and identify appropriate free/low-cost artwork to use to enhance articles both in print and online
• Participate in and contribute to publication-specific meetings with the society partner, as well as department-wide and company-wide meetings
• Assist with new product planning and development
• Performs other editorial tasks and projects as needed
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field, or equivalent experience required
• 2+ years editorial experience in clinical/health publishing, preferably with newspaper-style publications
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Previous experience working with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google + preferred
• Experience creating podcasts
• Previous experience updating websites
• Experience with HTML a plus
• Experience with Hootsuite a plus
• Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
• Experience using AP style
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Strong editing and rewriting skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work closely with editorial and design teams
• Ability to work closely with staff of medical society partner
• 10 – 15%, as needed, on occasion, to conferences, possibility of some international travel
To apply online, please use the link below: