Posted On: March 22, 2016
Media Organization: RT America/ T & R Productions
RT is a 24/7 international news channel that broadcasts in the U.S. and around the world. We cover domestic U.S. and International news but with an emphasis on the stories, voices and perspectives that are not addressed in the mainstream media. RT is available via cable and satellite TV. It has a global reach of 700 million in 100+ countries and territories.
Question More. Our journalistic motto says it all. It’s about the opportunity to hear your own voice and to tell stories without corporate restrictions and without agenda. Question More means real news without borders, constantly looking for the truth behind the accepted conventional wisdom, and not afraid to back down from anyone or any story. If these are the professional liberties that interest you and you’re ready to report news of the world in ways it has never been told, we want to hear from you!
• Reports on live news events, breaking news and assigned stories
• Pitches daily stories with proper news angles
• Orders graphics and inputs graphics for assigned packages
• Schedules studio time and any necessary video feeds
• Coordinates and books travel when assigned to cover stories outside the New York City and North Eastern region
• Uses social media to promote assigned stories and the RT news channel
• Networks outside scheduled working hours
• Contributes, takes part and is engaged in all meetings
• Fills in on the anchor desk when necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Political Science or International Studies preferred
• Minimum three years news reporting
• Excellent writing and graphics producing skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Dalet or similar newsroom software application
• Command of the English language
• Ability to work in creative, fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of domestic politics, national and international issues, financial news is a plus.
Send Cover Letter with Resume and Reel (weblink) to firstname.lastname@example.org
-No phone calls please