Posted On: March 22, 2016
Media Organization: Day After Reading
"Day After Reading” is an interdisciplinary editorial/photographic/journalistic project that will document the American public at the turn of a major political event — the upcoming presidential elections. “Day After Reading” will be realized over the course of a 4-month road trip from September to December 2016, during which we will interview a wide spectrum of Americans in more than 15 cities throughout the country. We are looking for a journalist to travel with the team for the 4-month trip, during which they will direct and conduct interviews with a wide-range of private and public figures.
- Current Masters students or Graduates.
- Expert knowledge of US politics and the upcoming elections.
- Excellent writing and editing ability
- Ability to formulate questions and conduct interviews
- Interest in Media, Arts and Culture a plus.
The journalist will travel with the team full-time, for 4 months from September-December 2016, during which they will:
- Research and formulate pertinent interview questions
- Conduct in-person interviews
- Transcribe material in transit
- Edit and Proof material for publication online and in print.
The position is paid. Salary commensurate with experience. Salary Range $1500 - $4000. All travel expenses and accommodations are covered during the 4 months.
Application should include Cover Letter, CV and Writing samples. Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: DAR Journalist Application.
Applications without writing samples will not be considered.