Posted On: April 6, 2016
Media Organization: National Jeweler
Since 1906, National Jeweler has been the must-read news source for smart jewelry professionals. From market analysis to emerging jewelry trends, the publication covers the important industry topics vital to the everyday success of jewelry professionals worldwide. National Jeweler delivers breaking news at www.nationaljeweler.com, and via our daily e-newsletter and quarterly digital magazine.
Job Summary: The Associate Editor will be in charge of contributing a minimum of two stories a day to NationalJeweler.com for inclusion in the daily newsletter as well as content for use in the quarterly digital magazine and on social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write at least two stories every day for inclusion in National Jeweler’s Daily emails, a mix of short news items, blog entries and longer stories that involve conducting interviews, either via email or phone
• Cover the fashion “beat,” including new collections and jewelry designers and trends in clothing design that are impacting jewelry design
• Write stories covering other aspects of the industry whenever necessary
• Schedule desk-side appointments and attend new collection launches and events
• Attend and report on trade shows in various U.S. and international cities
• Share National Jeweler content across social media, with a focus on driving traffic to the website via Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
• Re-size photos for use on the website and in the newsletter
• Attend various industry events
• Other related duties as assigned
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org