Posted On: May 17, 2016
Media Organization: Farragut Square Group
The company, now in its fifth year and founded by two partners with a combined thirty years of experience in this exact field, helps investment managers navigate the constantly changing world of government regulations and legislation. Our client roster includes some of the most influential and sophisticated institutional healthcare investors in the country. This is an ideal position for someone with a background in healthcare policy to stand at the intersection of policy formulation and research that leads to actionable, financially-backed outcomes.
The Founders and staff are extremely passionate about what we are building and have left Hill and large consulting firm jobs to build the kind of company they’ve always wanted to work for. We are looking for similarly minded folks who want to learn, grow, and like what they do every day.
Farragut Square Group, a rapidly growing healthcare-focused research and advisory boutique catering to investment managers, with offices in New York and Washington, DC is looking to expand by hiring a VP, an AVP, or a Senior Associate level DC-based Policy Analyst. Our ideal candidate has a journalist-background and is looking to perform in-depth and thoughtful writing about healthcare services issues.
This hire will be a part of an expanding team responsible for determining the impact of government legislation, regulations, and oversight on the healthcare industry and prognosticating trends. Specifically, this hire will identify, prioritize, research, and track key legislation and regulations in healthcare – Federal and State. Candidates should have 5 or more years of experience in health policy, with a solid understanding of Medicare and Medicaid, experience with healthcare services payment systems, and annual regulations that govern those systems. The ideal team member is independent, creative, and driven to succeed – with exceptional writing, communications, and networking skills.
5-15 years of experience. Years of relevant experience determine level of responsibility and title.
• Healthcare-related Capitol Hill, agency, advocacy, association, or journalism experience a must. Heavy preference for a journalist-background.
• Interest in working with healthcare-focused institutional investors.
• Excellent oral communication and writing skills, along with an ability to discern and interpret complicated government rules and regulations.
• Ability to effectively network among health policy experts to develop prognostications and handicaps and guide clients making business decisions based on our help determining what could be enacted.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complicated policy into plain English on tight deadlines, as well as produce long form research notes.
The position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and benefits.
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirement along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.