Posted On: May 23, 2016
Media Organization: The Chief-Leader
The Chief-Leader, a New York City newspaper covering civil service for more than 100 years, is looking for a full-time reporter to cover the education beat. The ideal candidate has a solid background in beat reporting. This full-time, salaried position includes health coverage and other employee benefits.
● Write stories for weekly paper covering civil service workers in the field of education
● Assist with weekly proofreading of the paper
● Promote articles on Facebook and Twitter
● Occasionally contribute video related to stories
● Degree in journalism or communications
● At least 1 year of experience writing articles for a daily or weekly newspaper/news website
● Editing and headline-writing experience a plus
● Experience in an education beat preferred, but not required
Please send resume, work samples and cover letter with salary requirements to Richard Steier at email@example.com.