Posted On: July 8, 2016
Media Organization: Activist Insight
Since 2012, Activist Insight has provided its clients with the most comprehensive information on activist investing worldwide. Regularly quoted in the financial press, Activist Insight is the trusted source for data in this evolving space. In 2016, Activist Insight launched Activist Insight Shorts after acquiring Activist Shorts Research. Activist Insight offers three great products: Activist Insight Online, Activist Insight Shorts and the publication Activist Insight Monthly.
Activist Insight, a UK-based publisher and data provider, is recruiting a Financial Journalist to join its expanding team in New York City. As a globally acknowledged source of commentary on shareholder activism, Activist Insight’s newswire service and monthly magazine are core resources for professionals operating in financial markets. The company’s data and comments are regularly featured in the mainstream press, while employees have been interviewed on radio and television.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the firm, reporting directly to the editor-in-chief. As well as responding to incoming alerts, the role will require the candidate to plan and submit story ideas, develop a contact book and chase stories. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in journalism, with clear progression opportunities.
• Provide quick and clean copy for the company’s newswire service.
• Produce feature articles for the company’s magazine and bespoke publications.
• Interview investors and professionals with expertise in activist investing.
• Draft press releases using the company’s data.
• Brief the company’s researchers on current issues in activist investing.
• Attend conferences and break news.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen to write professionally. The role requires the following skills:
• Previous writing experience, a concise and adaptable style and the ability to work to deadline.
• An interest in finance or business news.
• The ability to work successfully within a team.
• The ability to work on your own initiative and under direction from your managers.
• Good personal skills to interact with the rest of the team and a confident telephone manner.
• Some experience conducting interviews is desirable.
• Experience of working with statistics and Microsoft Excel is desirable.
Please e-mail the editor, Josh Black (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a sample of your work and one-page letter explaining your qualifications, interest in financial journalism and reasons for applying for the job. There will be a second round and interviews for shortlisted candidates.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have.