Posted On: July 25, 2016
Media Organization: Vamp
Vamp is one of three publications owned by Hertzman Media Company, including Sourcing Journal, a trade publication focused on the apparel and textile business, and Rivet, a sister publication focused on the denim industry.
Vamp is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Editor to join an online trade publication focused on the footwear industry.
Vamp provides in-depth news coverage for footwear professionals spanning sourcing and trade news, footwear trends, designer interviews and brand profiles. The Assistant Editor must be confident in writing about both industry news and the personalities and talent that make footwear a dynamic and ever-changing business.
The position is a combination of news reporting, longer feature writing, and various editorial responsibilities. In addition to daily content, Vamp produces two newsletters each week and a printed edition each season. The Assistant Editor will be part of this small yet hardworking and entrepreneurial editorial team.
The Assistant Editor should have strong collaborative skills, understand start-up culture and work well with others across departments. The ideal candidate has superb editing skills; a good sense for news; a snappy writing style; an interest in understanding the ins and outs of the footwear market; and a cheerful and outgoing personality. The job requires phone and on-the-spot interviews and mingling at trade shows and events during and after regular work hours. The Assistant Editor must have an outgoing personality.
- Pitching and writing daily industry news
- Writing regular features on hot topics in footwear
- Working on special reports on market trends
- Composing weekly newsletters
- Attending trade shows and conducting on-the-spot interviews
- Managing social media
- Assisting with editing for the company’s additional magazines, as needed
- 2+ years of editorial experience online and/or print
- Background or interest in footwear
- Excellent command of the English language, and AP style
- Must be proactive, collaborative and able to multi-task and manage own schedule
Please send resume, 2-3 relevant writing clips and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org