Posted On: January 23, 2017
Media Organization: Overtime
Overtime is a cross-platform technology startup that’s redefining high school and amateur sports through video. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by Greycroft Ventures, 645 Ventures, Fitzgate Ventures, other leading VC firms and includes David Stern and NBA players among its investors. The company was co-founded with WME | IMG, the largest sports agency in the world, and the team behind Overtime is responsible for mobile apps with hundreds of millions of downloads worldwide.
Overtime is a cross-platform technology startup that’s redefining high school and amateur sports through video, and we're looking for an Editor In Chief for our website. We generate tens of millions of video views monthly across the Overtime app and social media, and now we're looking to turn that into a bigger media platform.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We’re looking for a leader to oversee all elements of the operation –– with a passion and deep understanding of sports media. The job involves managing the content flow, maintaining a consistent voice and identity and growing audience. The entire team is less than ten people and the editor needs to be extremely hands on and build a cadre of freelancers. The only experience that we care about is if you have done a version of this job somewhere else, at digital companies like Buzzfeed, Vice, Bleacher Report. This is a chance for someone with skills to step up to the next level.
- Produce 15 - 20 articles a day from video sourced on the Overtime platform
- Recruit and manage freelance writers
- Assume responsibility for grammatical accuracy, clarity, completeness & appropriateness for intended audience
- Push the envelope in terms of content and voice
- Work closely with social media team
- Use all the tools in the book to build and grow audience and increase engagement
- Must love sports
- Must have online experience in sports
- Must be able to work in small, fast-paced, startup environment
- Must be hungry AF
- Must be able to take direction & feedback but also lead
- Must have experience in audience development and growing traffic
- Must be able to use analytics and data
- Ability to ball is a plus
Dan Porter, CEO; Former Head of Digital at WME | IMG; Former CEO, OMGPOP
Zack Weiner, Head of Business Development; Co-Founder/CEO of The Sports Quotient
Send your resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org