Posted On: June 7, 2017
Media Organization: Someecards.com
Someecards launched in 2006 as a uniquely voiced ecard site, and has grown into one of the most widely shared and trusted humor brands on the Web. Every day our team of writers creates new ecards, articles, and original content, resulting in over 500MM monthly views on our site and in social media. We also make some of the Web's most engaging and successful branded advertising programs.
Someecards is seeking a full-time senior editor to join our editorial team in NYC. The ideal candidate is an experienced web writer/editor with a penchant for smart, funny news coverage that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Assist managing editor in assigning daily pitches and prioritize timely/breaking news
-Write, edit and brainstorm original responses to topical news stories and refillable humor features
-Develop strategies to grow site traffic
- Assist with traffic partnerships
- 3-5 years experience writing for the web, with a strong focus on trending topics and news-based humor
- 1-2 years management experience of junior-level staff
- A passion for innovative storytelling and the ability to package online stories in a unique way
- Familiarity with the Someecards brand and an intelligent sense of humor
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume and links to clips (3 you have written, 3 you have edited) to email@example.com.