Posted On: December 1, 2017
Media Organization: American Jewish Committee
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Digital Content Copywriter and Editor is responsible for producing content for, and maintaining overall quality control of, AJC’s website. The Digital Content Copywriter and Editor will produce primarily text-based content that adheres to AJC’s content marketing strategy and will work closely with key departments to ensure that the website is updated on a consistent basis with content that adheres to AJC’s editorial and design requirements.
The Digital Content Copywriter and Editor does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Draft blog posts, columns, short eBooks, and other web-based content that supports and furthers AJC’s advocacy priorities: combating anti-Semitism, advancing Israel’s place in the world, and countering radicalism and extremism.
• Work within and outside the Department to brainstorm content topics.
• Research content topics in collaboration with internal experts.
• Act as the editor for the website’s content/news hub, revising, editing, or proofreading content as needed.
• Initiate and coordinate website updates with internal stakeholders.
• Keep the website schedule for updating of content.
• Upload content to the website and other digital platforms like YouTube, giving content the appropriate internal marketing tags.
• Ensure articles are kept up-to-date and landing pages are refreshed daily.
• Ensure copy and images adhere to AJC branding guidelines.
• In coordination with the graphics and content teams, identify and shepherd the production of digital images for marketing uses.
• In coordination with the graphics and content teams, ensure articles are added to the website with appropriate and necessary graphics.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English, or Communications
• At least five years of experience as a copywriter, reporter, or editor
• An educational or employment background in international affairs and/or contemporary Jewish issues a plus
• Experience writing copy for the web
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills required
• Must be familiar with Israel advocacy and Jewish advocacy
• Strong communication and coordination skills
• A detail-oriented self-starter
• Excellent organization and time-management skills
• Experience with HTML a plus
• Experience working with Drupal a plus
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/digital-content-copywriter-and-editor-ny-2017/