Posted On: December 8, 2017
Media Organization: JDRF
Looking to join a dynamic, innovative and growing nonprofit Marketing & Communications team? JDRF, the leading global organization working to end type 1 diabetes, needs your talent, creativity and enthusiasm to drive our mission forward. As part of JDRF’s National MarCom team, you will work alongside colleagues who spend every day curating inspiring narratives, brainstorming campaigns and finding better ways to reach more people and increase engagement with a worldwide movement that makes an impact.
We’re looking for a talented writer with professional science writing experience who can help tell the JDRF story to multiple audiences across a variety of media. The successful candidate will work on a content team that translates research, advocacy and funding milestones into powerful narratives that inspire a lay audience. The successful candidate will collaborate with Research, Development, Mission, Creative and Digital teams to write, curate, edit and manage content for a broad array of assets that tell the unique value proposition of the JDRF story.
Reporting to the Director, Content the Communications Manager/Science Writer will:
• Translate scientific information, including research proposals, progress reports and publications, into compelling content for non-scientific audiences for use in fundraising and marketing assets.
• Write and edit copy for website, newsletters, donor updates, brochures, talking points and other assets.
• Source stories and interview in-house scientific staff, funded researchers and members of the T1D community.
• Identify and report on latest trends and developments in T1D research and contextualize the contributions of JDRF to the global effort to cure, treat and prevent T1D.
• Lead projects from start to finish by creating thorough project plans and tracking milestones.
• Continually improve performance and effectiveness of projects and assets by capturing, monitoring and gathering metrics; making adjustments and recommendations as necessary.
To apply for the Communications Manager / Science Writer position at JDRF, please follow this link (http://smrtr.io/oKY86A) which will take you to the JDRF Website. Complete the required fields and upload your resume and a cover letter as pdf attachments to complete your application. Please note that if you are a candidate who is being considered for this role, you will be asked to submit 2-3 relevant writing samples that demonstrate your ability to translate scientific research to a lay audience.
Thank you for your interest in JDRF and the Communications Manager / Science Writer position.
Contact Name: Brian Flanagan
Link to Job application site: http://smrtr.io/oKY86A