Posted On: February 12, 2018
Media Organization: Ziff Davis
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands - Mashable, PCMag, Geek, IGN, Everyday Health, What to Expect, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify - produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
Ziff Davis Tech and Commerce is looking for an enthusiastic Associate Editor, Life to generate content ideas and produce stories for a diverse set of brands including EverydayHealth.com, WhattoExpect.com, Geek.com and AskMen.com.
In this position, you would work under our Content Director and alongside a team of talented writers, editors, and video professionals who are passionate about a particular brand and want to deliver real value to those readers.
Whether it’s product reviews of fitness trackers for Everyday Health or a roundup of the latest baby strollers for What To Expect, we are looking for a strong writer with an interest in lifestyle and shopping, health and wellness, science and tech.
The ideal candidate should also be proficient in digital content production in a CMS, procuring assets from various sources and able to track metrics on stories to strategize future story ideas.
In this role, your content should drive top engagement and facilitate our company mission as “the most trusted purchase companion.”
About the Job
· Pitch content ideas
· Write and produce content in a CMS
· Research and fact-check stories
· Source assets (from photos to videos) for stories
· Optimize headlines, posts and captions to drive engagement
· Support executive editor and content director in various initiatives, like influencer outreach, invoice processing and ideation
· Track metrics on content produced.
· 1 -2 years writing for a digital content site focused on lifestyle, health, science/tech, or shopping, or possess a keen interest in the topics
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Driven to hit traffic goals through creating quality content, optimizing for SEO, and using online analytics tools
· Strong editorial judgment and writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field
· Team player with positive, proactive, problem solving attitude
Send resume, cover letter and any relevant writing samples to Stephanie Valera (email@example.com)