Posted On: April 5, 2018
Media Organization: PCMag.com (Ziff Davis)
PCMag.com is a leading authority on technology, delivering Labs-based, independent reviews of the latest products and services. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology.
About Ziff Davis
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands - PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify - produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
Want to work for the best tech site on the web? If you love technology and have proven writing experience, we want to hear from you. PCMag.com is seeking a talented and experienced Business Technology Journalist to join its business content team in New York City. This individual will be responsible for developing business beats, testing business products and writing reviews, as well as pitching and executing business features and how-to content, including tutorial articles and videos. This person will also be tasked with editing freelance content as well as writing/scheduling social promotions.
• Assist managing editor and executive editor in testing and reviewing the latest business-oriented software.
• Get ahead of trends and new product developments by interviewing experts and attending important events; you’ll help shape and support our business news and reviews coverage, so you need to learn what's next.
• Writing and reviewing are the primary roles of this job, but you’ll also be working closely with PCMag’s video team to deliver business video content and be given the opportunity to edit reviews, features, tips, and advice pieces, product roundups, buying guides, and news stories.
• Write, edit, and produce copy.
• Edit images, build slideshows, update category pages, enter product specs, maintain spec database, plan videos, write video scripts; work in front of the camera on review summaries, tutorials, and interviews.
• Represent PCMag at vendor meetings and industry events.
• This is an onsite position. You must be able to work in our NYC office.
• Bachelor's degree required; journalism or English concentration preferred.
• Four+ years of professional writing/editing experience at an established website, magazine, or newspaper.
• Must be a self-starter who can independently prioritize projects, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive, deadline-driven environment.
• The ability to write quickly and clearly is an absolute must.
• A strong work ethic and strict attention to detail.
• An interest and general knowledge of business technology.
• Familiarity with online-publishing platforms and digital-image manipulation.
• Product review experience is a strong plus.
• Social media promotion experience a plus.
• On-camera video experience a plus.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to: email@example.com