Posted On: April 13, 2018
Media Organization: The WorldPost
The WorldPost is a partnership of The Washington Post and the Berggruen Institute. It publishes op-eds and features from around the world.
The WorldPost seeks a senior editor to help oversee a small team of editors in commissioning and editing op-eds and features on international affairs. Candidates should have at least five years editing experience, preferably of op-eds, and be well versed in international affairs. This is a full-time position, operating Monday-Friday, based in our Brooklyn office, with competitive salary and benefits. The WorldPost is a partnership of The Washington Post and the Berggruen Institute. It publishes op-eds and features from around the world.
~Working closely with the Editor in Chief and Executive Editor, help lead a team of editors to:
· Create a theme-based package of 3-4 op-eds (and sometimes a feature) each week, based on news hooks and Berggruen Institute topics
· Find varying voices with expertise and experience abroad
· Commission and edit global opinion pieces from contributors. Set deadlines
· Quickly assess ongoing stream of incoming pitches, including reported features by freelance journalists via our features editor
· Backfield — sometimes significantly reworking or asking for rewrites, new lede or additions
· Write sharp heds and deks, highlighting thesis and news hook
· Work with Washington Post editors daily to coordinate coverage and promotion
· Help editors turn certain op-eds and features into short videos by writing or editing scripts
~5 or more years of experience as a news or op-ed editor
~Knowledge of foreign affairs
~Strong writing and communications skills
~Experience producing videos
~Fluency in foreign languages
Please send a resume and cover letter.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kathleen Miles (firstname.lastname@example.org)