Posted On: April 24, 2018
Media Organization: ckbk (ckbk.com)
Ckbk is a pre-launch digital subscription platform for cookbooks. Think of us as “Spotify for cookbooks.” Ckbk is based in London and in New York City. Please visit ckbk.com for more details.
This is what the press is saying about ckbk:
Ckbk is looking for a food and cookbook-loving editorial assistant to join our small but growing team. This is a PAID freelance contractor role with a 30-hour per week schedule - there is certainly potential that this will grow into a 40 hour + / week role. We are looking for this position to be filled mid-May, 2018 (although there can be some flexibility)
This is an entry-level position – if you want the thrill and incomparable experience of working with a committed, dedicated and dynamic team at the cusp of launching a unique and disruptive digital business and being actively involved in bringing our exciting cookbook service to market – please apply!
This is both an editorial and an administrative role. You will be expected to:
1. Manage the Social Media content calendar as well as to create and seek out content from our publishing partners, authors and contributors. You will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance of ckbk’s social accounts and will work directly with senior team members to ensure that content best represents our brand and messaging.
2. Undertake fact-checking as required and fulfil research around cookbooks, authors, publishers, food topics, seasonality, audience etc.
3. Create/ write original editorial and social media content and press releases and marketing materials, and compile recipe collections and playlists for ckbk platform under direction of senior team members
4. Work with senior members of the ckbk team on special projects/ events (such as an upcoming Kickstarter campaign and commercial launch of the platform)
7. Complete other administrative tasks as necessary
8. Liaise and communicate with authors/ publishers/ press, as requested
9. Be involved in the private beta testing of the ckbk platform
10. Attend food/ press events as a representative of ckbk - Such events are often great opportunities for networking and meeting influential members of the press/ editors at well-known publications as well as food influencers and chefs, so certainly not-to-be-missed opportunities if you are looking to build relationships in the word of food and food journalism.
11. Share ideas and concepts for marketing , “growth hacking” and generally spreading the word about ckbk. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed candidate who is genuinely excited by the platform and is constantly looking for new ways to build the ckbk brand.
In order to thrive in this role, you must:
1. Stay abreast of food trends and keep up to date with happenings in the cookbook/ food-writing world, as well as regularly reading food and recipe sites
2. Have a healthy obsession with social and digital media particularly around food
3. Enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and have the ability and stamina to meet demanding deadlines
4. Be an excellent communicator and writer
5. Have a passion for writing/reading and posting about food
6. Enjoy cooking…and eating!
Please note that this is a remote role and you will be working from home (or your favorite internet café!) Our ideal candidate will be based in the tri-state area.
If you are interested in this role, please email email@example.com with a resumé and a cover letter detailing your interest and experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org