Posted On: July 16, 2018
Media Organization: PUNCH
We’re a James Beard Award-winning online magazine in collaboration with Ten Speed Press focused on narrative journalism—both written and visual—about wine, spirits, beer and cocktails.
Our goal is to capture the ethos that’s driving drinks forward: the connection of beverage to tradition and place, the passion to innovate and yes—fun. We also believe that the wine, cocktail, beer and spirits worlds share more in common than they probably realize. We want to bring them together and shine a light on the many places where their values are entwined.
Our office in Bushwick is small and collaborative — we’ll expect you to stay on top of what’s going on in the world of drinks and will be picking your brain for ideas regularly.
In this internship (not available for credit), you'll work directly with our Social Media Editor to facilitate PUNCH’s social media presence and community engagement. You’ll help write, promote and schedule content across major platforms, assemble bi-weekly newsletters, assist in creating social-forward photos and video, and contribute to our ongoing social strategy.
Our dream candidate is extremely organized, adaptable and resourceful — an individual who excels in a start-up environment and takes ownership of their projects. Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, Photoshop and InDesign is a plus.
This internship is paid at $11/hour and would start in August, at two days in our office each week. There may also be some weeks where we’d ask you to be in the office three days. Candidates must be 21+.
• Contribute to positioning brainstorming sessions for new content
• Repost content across Facebook and Twitter
• Draft and schedule tweets to repromote relevant articles, recipes, events etc
• Pull story details from website to populate bi-weekly newsletters
• Identify and pull tagged photos from Instagram
• Assist with creating photography and video for social platforms
• Assist with community engagement and growth initiatives
• Outreach to bartenders, influencers, writers, etc
• Contribute to editorial pitch meetings and social strategy sessions
If interested, please send your resume in the body of an email to Social Media Editor Allison Hamlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Social Media Internship” along with a short note describing why you’re a good fit for this role at PUNCH and links to any related social media projects.