Posted On: August 17, 2018
Media Organization: New Hope Media
New Hope Media publishes ADDitude and Adoptive Families magazines and websites, the leading sources of information for parents and adults in the attention, learning disabilities and adoption fields. For more information, please visit www.additudemag.com and www.adoptivefamilies.com.
New Hope Media, an independent consumer magazine publisher located in Manhattan, is seeking a vibrant writer and impeccable editor to lead our digital content team and contribute print editorial.
We are seeking a decidedly unboring wordsmith who can successfully translate medical news, expert writing, personal stories into clear, compelling, actionable service journalism designed to help our highly engaged audience of parents, adults, and professionals.
Our ideal candidate will have digital production experience and SEO chops, plus the ability to learn new skills quickly and eagerly.
This is a full-time position spanning our digital and print editorial teams.
• Pitch and write web-exclusive service articles, slideshows, downloads, video scripts, and news reports — approximately 3 to 5 per week.
• Produce the above, plus freelancers’ blog posts and magazine articles in our WordPress CMS, tagging for optimal visibility and categorization
• Research, organize, and write long-form eBooks that leverage existing content and include new, updated information as needed
• Edit blog posts and other freelancer contributions in keeping with each brand’s style and voice
• Edit email newsletters to deliver the greatest CTRs and subscriber value
• Update landing pages throughout the site on a regular basis to feature seasonal, new, and best-performing content
• Write magazine features and front-of-the-book sections as assigned by the editor in chief
• Propose and contribute to site enhancements designed to improve the user experience, pages per visit, return visits, and other KPIs
• For all new content and for neglected older content, conduct SEO research using NHM’s best practices and tools, including SEO Moz
A strong candidate will have the following:
• Impeccable writing and editing skills; must be able to say in 10 never-passive words what others would say in 30!
• BA or MA in journalism, English, communications
• Experience in health and/or parenting media and publishing
• Proactive attitude — pitching ideas and improvements weekly
• Ability to learn and make practical applications quickly
• Familiarity with WordPress CMS and SEO principles
• A strong work ethic and top-notch productivity
This full-time position is based in Midtown Manhattan. Compensation is competitive.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Susan Caughman via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.