Posted On: October 3, 2018
Media Organization: NYU McSilver
The NYU McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research is committed to creating new knowledge about the root causes of poverty, developing evidence-based interventions to address its consequences, and rapidly translating research findings into action through policy and best practices.
We are looking to hire a talented and motivated individual with audience engagement experience to serve as a full-time social media and special events coordinator. Reporting to the communications director, and working in collaboration with the communications team, the social media and special events coordinator will work on growing our robust social media and online communications presence. They will implement a strategic social media plan, contribute heavily to the production of online communications, and support a variety of communications and special event projects that reach a wide variety of audiences. The ideal candidate is a skilled and outgoing communicator both online and offline, with strong organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and high-energy team.
• Own and manage the institute’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and more) in line with organization’s strategic and communications goals
• Identify opportunities to grow social media presence, via new channels, increased reach and engagement, and developing and executing special campaigns
• Serve as an event coordinator for all institute-related events, lectures, and webinars, including annual symposia and awards ceremonies
• Assist with management of department project calendar to help ensure timely completion of all projects
• Manage monthly (external) calendar listings of lectures, events, webinars, and selected programs
• Serve as a coordinator of internal communications and staff events Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or a related field is preferred
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in communications and social media management is required
• Event coordination experience is preferred
• Strong writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills required
• Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Has a demonstrated interest in work relating to addressing poverty, inequality, racism, justice and/or marginalized communities
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a detailed cover letter with links to examples of your work, specifically 3 impactful social media posts or campaigns, and resume/CV as a combined PDF to
firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Special Events and Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line.