Posted On: December 10, 2018
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: VIBE Magazine
Founded by the great Quincy Jones, VIBE is the premier publication and cultural base for hip-hop/R&B music, fashion, entertainment and more. Since its debut in 1993 with the iconic cover of a young Snopp Dogg, the legacy of the magazine-turned-digital platform continues.
Are you looking for a writing opportunity at one of the most influential digital publications in entertainment? Do you have an interest in urban culture, music (hip-hop, R&B, pop), fashion, television/film, news, and sports?
VIBE, VIBE Vixen (our women's channel) and VIBE Viva (our Latinx channel) are seeking college students (and graduates) with a serious interest/passion for journalism, news writing and a strong knowledge of music/entertainment to join the NYC team. (Credit is optional.)
- Assist editors with digitizing of archival materials, interview transcriptions, music premieres, and other original content.
- Contribute news content to VIBE and/or its other verticals: VIBE Vixen, and VIBE Viva
- Conduct assigned interviews with talent (artists, actors and other figures in the realm of fashion, film/television, music, and sports) and cover select events in NYC (occasional).
- Monitor the digital streets for newsworthy stories trending on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- Research select subjects or topics on an as-needed basis.
Submit a résumé, 2 - 4 writing clips, published article/blog links and/or college papers showcasing your writing capabilities, and a short introductory blurb to email@example.com with “Editorial Intern - NYU” as the subject.
Be sure to include your favorite VIBE magazine issue(s) or article(s) (in-book or on Vibe.com) and why. Also, specify at least 2 areas of interest(s): fashion, hard news, music, television/film, tech and/or sports in the email body.