Posted On: January 16, 2019
Media Organization: City & State magazine
City & State is a magazine and online news outlet that covers New York politics, geared toward political insiders and enthusiasts, with a focus on commentary and analysis.
City & State magazine is accepting internship applications from students seeking journalism experience for school credit. Three positions are available starting June 17 in the editorial department and may involve reporting, research, fact gathering and other related responsibilities. The internship runs about 2 months during the summer, 8 hours per day, two days/week. Position is unpaid; interns MUST be able to receive academic credit.
– pitch and write bylined stories for the City & State website and print magazine
– work closely with editors to improve their written copy
– conduct and transcribe interviews with New York political figures
– assist reporters with research and combing through large data sets
– develop and publish at least one longer capstone feature for the summer
Please submit published writing/journalism samples with resume and cover letter by March 1 to Managing Editor Ryan Somers: email@example.com. Resumes submitted earlier will be considered first. Please consult your school about requirements to receive academic credit.