Posted On: March 5, 2019
Media Organization: NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who can demonstrate proficiency in medical and scientific writing. In this role, you will assist the team to synthesize research findings, or the results of literature searches, into a suitable format for submission for research manuscripts, grant applications, study reports and institutional review board submissions. You will also be responsible for researching, writing, and editing clinical/statistical reports and study protocols. This position is on site.
• Write abstracts, protocols, manuscript outlines, text book chapters, slides and slide notes, posters when required
• Perform literature searches on background of drug and/or therapeutic category in keeping with strategic direction
• Can effectively manage time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
• Passionate about communicating science to a variety of audiences
• Researches, writes and edits pre-clinical and clinical reports, summarizing data from pre-clinical and clinical studies
• Works collaboratively, contributing to cross-functional teams and projects.
• Develops and drives detailed project timelines according to team-specified deadlines.
• Assists in the development of formats and guidelines for clinical documentation
• May also support clinical research associates and medical doctors in clinical protocol development
• Proactively keeps abreast of professional information, trends and technology through conferences, networking and other information sources and brings forward innovative ideas for consideration
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Patient interaction including answering questions regarding content issues on manuscripts, and slide/poster presentations, attend meetings & demonstrate knowledge of content, and participate actively in teleconferences and onsite meetings
• Liaise with Principal Investigator and other study staff to meet project timelines
• Fact check documents for medical and scientific accuracy
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability and comfort with presenting to large groups and acting as knowledge expert
• Willingness to learn outside area of focus and demonstrated ability to read and understand scientific/medical articles and data
• Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and independently
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Post-doctoral experience not required, but proven publication experience preferred
• 1-2 years of editorial/scientific writing experience
• Strong interest in scientific publishing and publication ethics
• Experience with grant writing and related activities
Please send resume and sample of writing to Tori Williams at email@example.com